The privacy of your personal information (in some countries referred to as "personal data" or "personally identifiable information") is important to Zoetis.
- Personal information we collect
- How we use of your information
- How Zoetis handles privacy internally
- Your privacy choices
- Updating your personal data and contacting Zoetis
- Children's privacy
Personal information we collect
Information we collect from visitors
Personal information that we collect is only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We will not further use Personal Information in any manner incompatible with the purposes outlined in this policy or without notifying you. Personal information that we collect and process must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is used.
In addition, we might gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Zoetis may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information. Such customization shall be performed upon your prior consent and/or notification as required.
Information we collect when you register
Visitors registering for services on our Web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we clearly label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. In certain jurisdictions Zoetis shall obtain visitors' consent before collecting personal information.
Information from outside sources
We may also collect information about animal health care professionals who register on our Web sites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity. In some cases, we ask customers for information after they register, such as credit card information. Where necessary (for example, to process an order for a purchase), our Web sites may contact financial or credit organizations to confirm customer credit card information.
From time to time, we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. Some of this information may be personally identifiable, such as national change of address information. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers that may be of interest to you. In certain jurisdictions, we collect your consent and provide you with the option to unsubscribe to any such communications at any time either by a specific link or by sending an email to: email@example.com.
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, Tell Your Story forms and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns. Personal information collected by us shall include a notice explaining the purpose of the collection of your personal information and include other information as required.
We will shortly implement an option that allows you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, Web sites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the Web site, and some Web site functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
Although cookies do not normally contain personal information, if you have provided us information about you, we may associate your registration information with cookies or other tracking utilities our Web site places on your computer's hard drive. Associating a cookie with your registration data allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality. Without cookies, this functionality would not be possible. You will be notified of such personalization and functionality and will have the option to opt-out at any time.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called Web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though, they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalize our Web sites and to track your usage across other Zoetis Web sites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based e-mails. For any additional information about cookies please refer to our cookies policy to be found on www.zoetis.com website.
How we use your information
We gather aggregate data about visitors to our Web sites for product and service development and improvement activities. We also use it for market analysis. We may provide information from our Web sites in aggregate form, with personal information removed, to third parties.
We may target our marketing messaging depending on information we have about you. We may also personalize our Web site based on your interests. For example, you may see different articles in different places on our Web site based on information you have shared with us, or information we have gained by reviewing your previous visits, or information we may have gained from your interactions with a third party that shares information with us. This functionality may be possible if you either provide your consent, or if we notify you about it.
When we share information with third parties working on behalf of Zoetis, we use our best efforts to assure that they agree in writing to abide by Zoetis principles of the privacy policies.
If we discover that a third party working on behalf of Zoetis inappropriately disclosed personal information about any of our visitors, we will take immediate action to prevent further occurrences.
Other than as described above, Zoetis will not release personal information to a third party without your consent.
Tell-A-Friend (only applicable in the United States)
You are free to tell your friends about our products and services. If you choose to use our referral function to tell a friend about our site and unless your friend has asked us not to send them marketing emails already, our site will ask you for your friend's name and e-mail address as well as your information. The form automatically sends your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the site. We do not access or store this information, except to send this invitation. We will only do this where we have suitable permissions or you have provided appropriate permissions (for instance, you are reasonably certain that your family and / or friends would consent to receiving the marketing material in question) as are required by privacy and data protection laws. We assume that you have obtained consent from your friends to make such referral. We will ask you to provide your consent where appropriate.
Protection of information: How Zoetis handles privacy internally
Our commitment to security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that there is risk involved in using the internet. Thus, our goal is to provide a reasonable level of security based on general industry standards. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links.
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules, and other measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
Zoetis uses security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. Zoetis uses both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining their own passwords.
Storage of information
Information in our data centers is backed up routinely, in order to aid in the recovery of information in the event of accidental damage of information or due to a natural disaster. The backup media is stored in a physically secure storage facility.
Zoetis will not keep personal information in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary and for the purpose or purposes for which the data is processed, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In addition to aggregate information (discussed previously), we may share some types of information with third parties as described below. We will share information with third parties where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate purpose connected with the service we offer. In other cases we will not share information with third parties without notifying you, and, if necessary, without, obtaining your approval.
- Companies and people who work for us: Because we are a large company, we contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services. For example, we may host some of our Web sites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In addition, if you are an animal health care professional, we may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed animal health care professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies' use of personal information.
- Zoetis group companies: we may transfer the information to other Zoetis group companies for the purpose of storing and processing the data. For the purpose of such processing of personal information, intercompany agreements are put in place to ensure the security of the information transferred.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of Zoetis. We provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional and/or informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third-party. You can elect not to receive or unsubscribe from any promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with law.
Your privacy choices
You may be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional e-mail from Zoetis and third parties working with Zoetis. You may opt-out from receiving this e-mail when you provide the information or follow the instructions as mentioned in the e-mail or included in each program we send to you. Zoetis will unsubscribe you from that newsletter or other programs within ten business days.
Updating your personal information and contacting Zoetis
You can always contact us in order to (i) request to access your personal information (ii) request to remove the personal information that you have provided to us from our systems, (iii) update the personal information that you have provided to us, (iii) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts, (iv)withdraw your consent, all the choices are available and (v) the right to data portability, by e-mailing us at privacy@Zoetis.com or, if available, by logging into your account to update your information.
Filing a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your data by Zoetis with the relevant competent privacy supervisory authority at your country location.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.