1. Ownership and Use of the Site. We hope that you will browse the Site and find it useful. All contents of the Site, its “look and feel” and design elements, trademarks, service marks, logos, text, graphics, audio, images, charts, audio clips, videos, data and compilations (the “Zoetis Content”) are the property of Zoetis, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or partners unless otherwise noted, and are legally protected without limitation, under U.S. federal and state, as well as applicable non-US laws, regulations and treaties. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, or we explicitly say so in writing, the term “Site” includes “Zoetis Content.” Zoetis reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time.
BY ACCESSING, VIEWING OR USING THE SITE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF ZOETIS CONTENT BY YOU MAY VIOLATE COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PRIVACY AND/OR PUBLICITY LAWS AS WELL AS COMMUNICATION REGULATIONS AND STATUTES. YOU AGREE THAT ZOETIS WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SITE.
2. Prohibited Site Access. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by Zoetis, any other use of the Zoetis Content or the Site is prohibited. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not sell, republish, license, redistribute, or otherwise use the Site except as allowed herein unless you have obtained Zoetis’s express written consent. In addition, without Zoetis’s express written consent, you may not, directly, indirectly, or through any program, device, software, routine, robot, spider, crawlers, or other automatic or manual process, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; collect, scrape, or mine the contents of the Site; add any code or insert any hidden data or text to the Site; access or attempt to access any other areas of Zoetis information systems or information contained thereon for any purpose; take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Zoetis’s infrastructure; or mirror or redisplay this Site in its entirety or in part through framing or other techniques that show a portion of the Site or otherwise redisplay any Zoetis trademark, logo, trade name or other proprietary information, including images, frames, content, or layout/design found on any page of the Site. Zoetis may, in its discretion, revoke all rights to access the Site.
3. Inappropriate Site Use. You are prohibited from using the Site in bad faith and in uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any abusive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, offensive, objectionable, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, profane, or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate material, including but not limited to any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law, including the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of another.
4. No Endorsement of Linked Content. Certain links on the Site lead to resources located on servers that are not maintained by Zoetis or under its control. We provide such links for our users’ convenience. Zoetis is not responsible for the content of any such referenced web sites or for the availability of or access to such web sites. Inclusion on the Site of any link to another web site, or any reference to any product or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by Zoetis. Zoetis makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of any information contained on such web sites. Access to other sites linked to this Site is at your own risk, and Zoetis disclaims all liability with regard to your access to such linked sites, or arising from the content or information contained therein.
YOU AGREE THAT ZOETIS WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR MATERIALS FOUND AT ANY LINKED SITE.
8. Registration. You may be able to create a user account or otherwise register with the Site. If you choose to do so, you must provide us with accurate, current, and complete information, and you agree to be responsible for any conduct using your account and to maintain the security of any user name and password. You may not create accounts or submit Uploads (defined below) on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
9. Submissions (Including Your Uploads). If you are (i) at least 18 years of age and above the age of majority in the state in which you live, (ii) are an emancipated minor, or (iii) possess legal parental or guardian consent, you may choose to provide, make available to Zoetis, or post on or upload to the Site, suggestions, comments, ideas, improvements, information, personal or other data, text, images, and other works of authorship (collectively, “Uploads”). Please note that if you are under 13, you are not permitted to provide any personal information via this Site including but not limited to Uploads.
If you provide Uploads, you grant to Zoetis and Zoetis’s affiliates, representatives, employees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive license (sublicenseable through multiple tiers, and to third parties including to other users of the Site) to reproduce, publicly display, archive, distribute, adapt, modify, publish, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of and otherwise use your Uploads, in whole or in part, (including your name, likeness, age and gender) in any media now or hereafter known in any manner and for any purpose, including but not limited to, publication on the Site and any associated print or digital promotional materials related thereto, any other marketing and promotional materials and for the development of products or services. You agree that you are solely responsible for all your communications, materials and suggestions you transmit to, or post on, the Site.
You represent and warrant that: (a) you are above the age of majority in the state in which you live, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent ; (b) you own all rights in your Uploads or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your Uploads to enable you to grant to Zoetis the rights in your Uploads described herein; (c) your Uploads do not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (e) your Uploads are lawful; (e) your Uploads are not harmful, such as virus, malware, or spam; (f) your Uploads are not disparaging, defamatory, or libelous of Zoetis or any third party; (g) you will not seek the return of your Uploads; and (g) you will not assert any claims against Zoetis or its affiliates, representatives, employees, or assigns in connection with your Uploads. Zoetis and its affiliates, representatives, employees, and assigns shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in your Uploads, for any purpose whatsoever, without time or territorial limitations, without your consent or compensation to you, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, and you will gain no right, title or interest (including no joint ownership in the Site or any other materials) by virtue of doing so. As a further condition of providing Uploads you (and any other individual depicted therein) unconditionally and irrevocably waive all claims to compensation use of the Uploads by Zoetis and its affiliates, representatives, employees, or assigns and/or any right with respect to such use you may have under copyright law, the right of publicity, the right of privacy, the law of defamation and/or any other common law or statutory claims under the laws of any jurisdiction. You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the Uploads, for all uses of the Uploads, throughout the world.
Zoetis reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities requesting or directing Zoetis to disclose the identity of anyone posting an upload or other information or materials.
11. Monitoring of the Site. Zoetis may, from time to time, monitor, review, block or remove Uploads; however, Zoetis is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from such content nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any Uploads. Users shall be solely responsible and liable for any Uploads, any activity or transactions that occur under their name or account, and any infringement of copyright, trademarks, or other rights. Zoetis is not required to host, display, or distribute any Uploads, and may, in its sole discretion, remove at any time or refuse any Uploads for any reason. Zoetis is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage of any kind to any Uploads.
12. Copyright Infringement Notification. Zoetis respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask that you and all of our Site users do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please inform us.
13. Forward-Looking Statements. This Site may contain forward-looking statements about Zoetis’s financial and operating performance, business plans and prospects, in-line products and products in development that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Such risks and uncertainties include, among other things, the uncertainties inherent in pharmaceutical research and development; decisions by regulatory authorities regarding whether and when to approve drug applications and supplemental drug applications as well as their decisions regarding labeling and other matters that could affect the availability or commercial potential of Zoetis products; competitive developments; the ability to successfully market both new and existing products; challenges to the validity and enforcement of Zoetis’s patents; and general economic conditions, such as interest rate and foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations. Such risks and uncertainties that might cause actual results to differ from those foreseen, including those risks which are detailed in Zoetis’s reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Zoetis assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of new information or future events or developments.
14. Site May Not Always Be Available or Accessible. Zoetis does not guarantee that the Site will be operating at any given time. You should expect that the Site will periodically be taken off-line for maintenance, content and design updates, and other alterations that may make it unavailable. Zoetis does not represent or warrant that the Site is compatible with your hardware or software applications or browsers.
15. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. Your use of the Site is at your own risk. Zoetis uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site; however, since information changes so quickly, Zoetis is unable to make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy.
ZOETIS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE.
In no event shall Zoetis or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site be liable FOR ANYTHING arising out of your access to, use of or inability to access or use, the Site INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO any damages, including, without limitation, direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages, or damages resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption.
In no event shall Zoetis’s maximum aggregate liability for action arising out of or connected to the site exceed ONE HUNDRED US dollars ($100.00).
These limitations include but are not limited damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment. Zoetis does not guarantee or warrant that files that may be available for download from this Site will be free of infection from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you ‘AS IS’ without REPRESENTATIONS, warranties, OR COVENANTS of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of the Site’s contents.
Any claim and action arising out of or in any way connected with this site must be brought within one (1) year after such cause of action arose.
You acknowledge and agree that by using the internet to use the Site, you may incur charges from your wireless carrier, internet service provider or other method of internet access, depending upon your contract or plan with your provider. You acknowledge that payment of any such charges will be your sole responsibility. You agree that your use of the Site will be in accordance with all requirements of your wireless carrier, internet service provider or other method of internet access.
Some jurisdictions may not allow THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR OTHER ITEMS, AND SO some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
16. Void Where Prohibited. Use of any portion of this Site is void where prohibited by law. Although the information on this Site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed in this Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Zoetis reserves the right to limit provision of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction and/or to limit the quantities of any products or services we provide. You may not access this Site if you are a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods, or if you or your affiliates are on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial and Prohibition Orders. Any offer for any product or service made in the materials on this Site is void where prohibited.
21. Dispute Resolution. Any legal action or proceeding related to this Site shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in New Jersey.
The privacy of your personal information (in some countries referred to as "personal data" or "personally identifiable information") is important to Zoetis.
- Personal information we collect
- How we use of your information
- How Zoetis handles privacy internally
- Your privacy choices
- Updating your personal data and contacting Zoetis
- Children's privacy
Personal information we collect
Information we collect from visitors
Personal information that we collect is only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We will not further use Personal Information in any manner incompatible with the purposes outlined in this policy or without notifying you. Personal information that we collect and process must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is used.
In addition, we might gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Zoetis may use Web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information. Such customization shall be performed upon your prior consent and/or notification as required.
Information we collect when you register
Visitors registering for services on our Web sites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we clearly label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. In certain jurisdictions Zoetis shall obtain visitors' consent before collecting personal information.
Information from outside sources
We may also collect information about animal health care professionals who register on our Web sites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity. In some cases, we ask customers for information after they register, such as credit card information. Where necessary (for example, to process an order for a purchase), our Web sites may contact financial or credit organizations to confirm customer credit card information.
From time to time, we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. Some of this information may be personally identifiable, such as national change of address information. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers that may be of interest to you. In certain jurisdictions, we collect your consent and provide you with the option to unsubscribe to any such communications at any time either by a specific link or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, Tell Your Story forms and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns. Personal information collected by us shall include a notice explaining the purpose of the collection of your personal information and include other information as required.
We will shortly implement an option that allows you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, Web sites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the Web site, and some Web site functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
Although cookies do not normally contain personal information, if you have provided us information about you, we may associate your registration information with cookies or other tracking utilities our Web site places on your computer's hard drive. Associating a cookie with your registration data allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality. Without cookies, this functionality would not be possible. You will be notified of such personalization and functionality and will have the option to opt-out at any time.
In addition, we may use other tracking systems like pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called Web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie. But because of their insignificant size, it is not visible; though, they are used to pass certain information to our servers to personalize our Web sites and to track your usage across other Zoetis Web sites. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in our HTML based e-mails. For any additional information about cookies please refer to our cookies policy to be found on www.zoetis.com website.
How we use your information
We gather aggregate data about visitors to our Web sites for product and service development and improvement activities. We also use it for market analysis. We may provide information from our Web sites in aggregate form, with personal information removed, to third parties.
We may target our marketing messaging depending on information we have about you. We may also personalize our Web site based on your interests. For example, you may see different articles in different places on our Web site based on information you have shared with us, or information we have gained by reviewing your previous visits, or information we may have gained from your interactions with a third party that shares information with us. This functionality may be possible if you either provide your consent, or if we notify you about it.
When we share information with third parties working on behalf of Zoetis, we use our best efforts to assure that they agree in writing to abide by Zoetis principles of the privacy policies.
If we discover that a third party working on behalf of Zoetis inappropriately disclosed personal information about any of our visitors, we will take immediate action to prevent further occurrences.
Other than as described above, Zoetis will not release personal information to a third party without your consent.
Tell-A-Friend (only applicable in the United States)
You are free to tell your friends about our products and services. If you choose to use our referral function to tell a friend about our site and unless your friend has asked us not to send them marketing emails already, our site will ask you for your friend's name and e-mail address as well as your information. The form automatically sends your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the site. We do not access or store this information, except to send this invitation. We will only do this where we have suitable permissions or you have provided appropriate permissions (for instance, you are reasonably certain that your family and / or friends would consent to receiving the marketing material in question) as are required by privacy and data protection laws. We assume that you have obtained consent from your friends to make such referral. We will ask you to provide your consent where appropriate.
Protection of information: How Zoetis handles privacy internally
Our commitment to security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that there is risk involved in using the internet. Thus, our goal is to provide a reasonable level of security based on general industry standards. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links.
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules, and other measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
Zoetis uses security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. Zoetis uses both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining their own passwords.
Storage of information
Information in our data centers is backed up routinely, in order to aid in the recovery of information in the event of accidental damage of information or due to a natural disaster. The backup media is stored in a physically secure storage facility.
Zoetis will not keep personal information in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary and for the purpose or purposes for which the data is processed, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In addition to aggregate information (discussed previously), we may share some types of information with third parties as described below. We will share information with third parties where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate purpose connected with the service we offer. In other cases we will not share information with third parties without notifying you, and, if necessary, without, obtaining your approval.
- Companies and people who work for us: Because we are a large company, we contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services. For example, we may host some of our Web sites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our Web sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In addition, if you are an animal health care professional, we may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed animal health care professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies' use of personal information.
- Zoetis group companies: we may transfer the information to other Zoetis group companies for the purpose of storing and processing the data. For the purpose of such processing of personal information, intercompany agreements are put in place to ensure the security of the information transferred.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of Zoetis. We provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional and/or informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third-party. You can elect not to receive or unsubscribe from any promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with law.
Your privacy choices
You may be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional e-mail from Zoetis and third parties working with Zoetis. You may opt-out from receiving this e-mail when you provide the information or follow the instructions as mentioned in the e-mail or included in each program we send to you. Zoetis will unsubscribe you from that newsletter or other programs within ten business days.
Updating your personal information and contacting Zoetis
You can always contact us in order to (i) request to access your personal information (ii) request to remove the personal information that you have provided to us from our systems, (iii) update the personal information that you have provided to us, (iii) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts, (iv)withdraw your consent, all the choices are available and (v) the right to data portability, by e-mailing us at privacy@Zoetis.com or, if available, by logging into your account to update your information.
Filing a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your data by Zoetis with the relevant competent privacy supervisory authority at your country location.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
SCRUB CHAT PODCAST
You are listening to: Demo - Episode 1: “Be Better, Not Perfect” Interview with Dr. Kate Harnish